Start your year with clarity and focus
“Intention is a field of energy that flows invisibly beyond the reach of our normal everyday habitual pattern”Wayne Dyer
The classic Vedic text known as the Upanishads declares, “You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
If this is all a bit woo-woo for you trust me flow with it. What is the worst thing that could happen? You realize your deepest desires?
Setting an intention helps focus personal values and get clear on what is important.
- Find some stillness and quiet time to allow your intuition to come through – be inquisitive, ask yourself what is my intention? What is important to me?
- Let them be focused and direct
- Make them positive and simple
- You need to believe them, are they really what you want or what you think you should want?
- Surrender to what comes up for you
- Grab a note pad and pen, write down everything that comes up
- Pause and breathe
- Review your list, tune into your body, what does it tell you when you read them?
- Do your intentions feel good? Do they make you feel open and expansive and excited about the possibility?
Here are a few examples
I intend to spread kindness
I intend to attract abundance and wealth
I intend to open my heart
I intend to collaborate and create kick ass goodness for others
I intend to be curious
I intend to step into my full potential with Wild Orange School of Wellbeing
I intend to work on purpose with purpose
I intend to find meaning in my work
Write your intention somewhere you can see them, read them daily, say them out loud, really embody them. Stick them on the bathroom mirror, take a photo and have it as your phone or computer screen saver.
If you meditate an ideal time to do this is just after you finish meditating. It can also be at the end of your yoga practice or simply a moment of stillness when you have focused on your breathing for a few moments.
Only when you release your intentions can they grow.
Revisit them daily and notice what is shifting and changing. We are always so busy we rarely have reflection time. Chose to be mindful with your intentions and watch what you release flourish.